Monday 9 October 2017

# Psychology and Parenting

The Ultimate Solution


They told me everything is going to be okay once I get married and I shouldn't worry about anything. I wondered how it would be possible, because it wasn't the solution. It was expected of me that I should get married and then things will change for me, completely. I won't have elevated mood at one time and feel low at another time. I recalled the psychologist telling my parents that I had Bipolar disorder. And that I need therapies to get better, but soon after coming home my parents told me that there was nothing wrong. The only thing which would help me was to get married and forget about going to the psychologist, because they are for the mentally insane people and I ain't one.

So just after a few months, I got married. She was a pretty decent lady and she was happy as well, I was too, maybe. So, let me tell you how things changed for me after I got married. Actually, it was no different for me from when I was single, but yes what my parents had to experience due to my intense emotions was also now shared by my wife. With the unusual behaviors, the changes in my sleep patterns; when I couldn't sleep all night at times and in the day I had no idea where I was, being on the bed. There were times when I had so much energy and I was doing various tasks at one time, but periods of immobility came with no alarm. My family faced a financial breakdown when I invested a huge amount in a business which was bound to fall when I had an elevated mood. I took risks which often were threatening to my life and did things which could have resulted in the loss of my family members due to me. 

My family soon realized that marriage wasn't the solution and instead a new person had to face a number of problems because her husband was diagnosed with a psychological disorder. Now it has been a few months that I am visiting the psychologist and he is giving me therapies and counseling which although may not cure, but are managing the issue. I am still not perfect, but I have a realization of the problem and I want to get better because I can't hurt and cause harm to my family. 


2 comments:

  1. Major Issues of society. We all are linked with each othe, any disturbance from one aide causes disturbance on the whole

    ReplyDelete
  2. lack of knowledge about mental health lead to such consequences

    ReplyDelete